I bring the unique skill-set of state-of-the-art research in the area of Machine Learning & Natural Language Processing, combined with a strong business sense gained from various co-founded enterprises and freelancing contracts.
In 2003 I started as a full-stack web developer, where I created various enterprise applications for companies in various industries. In 2015, I shifted to products and companies with a strong focus on Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and large Data Processing. Here I’m able to identify the largest business needs and how to address them based using state-of-the-art NLP techniques.
Some of my projects include:
- Enterprise Search: For a leading car manufacturer, I help the engineering & data science team to create a customer facing enterprise search solution.
- Trend Detection: For an international media company, I developed a platform that detects slowly and quickly rising customer trends by using data from social networks. The platform can be used for content planning and SEO content optimization.
- Customer Support Automation: An investment bank wanted to improve their customer support by finding more quickly the correct contact for a customer request. I helped the bank to setup the data annotation & evaluation process and how to improve the existing machine learning methods.
- GPL: Generative Pseudo Labeling for Unsupervised Domain Adaptation of Dense Retrieval. 2021. [pdf] [git]
- BEIR: A Heterogenous Benchmark for Zero-shot Evaluation of Information Retrieval Models. 2021. [pdf] [git]
- Augmented SBERT: Data Augmentation Method for Improving Bi-Encoders for Pairwise Sentence Scoring Tasks. 2020. [pdf] [git]
- Making Monolingual Sentence Embeddings Multilingual using Knowledge Distillation. 2020. [pdf] [git]
- Sentence-BERT: Sentence Embeddings using Siamese BERT-Networks. 2019. [pdf] [git]